“Missouri Farmers Care” Poster and Essay Contest
Both poster and essay should portray the theme, “Missouri Farmers Care” and how farmers raise crops and livestock to provide everyday products. Students can participate in either or both contests.
The essay and poster contest is open to Missouri 3rd and 4th grade students in public schools, private schools, and home school programs. Students involved in 4-H, and after school programs are also encouraged to participate.
- The poster must be on 8.5 x 11.5 paper, and scanned electronically when submitted
- Students may use colored pencils, crayons, markers or paint. No stencils or computer-generated images, please.
- Creativity and relevance will be considered when judged.
- Essays must be handwritten in ink or be computer generated.
- The essay must be between 100 to 300 words in length.
- Essays will be judged on content (50 points), grammar and spelling (25 points) and creativity (25 points).
Students can participate in both poster and essay if they wish. Posters and or essays should be submitted electronically by midnight, February 1. Winners will be announced by Feb 15. A first, second and third place will be recognized. Regional winners may be recognized based on submission and quality of entries.